The U.A. Local 343 Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee will be accepting applications for the Apprenticeship Program in the Pipe Trades Industry in October 2022. Please see the attached announcement along with information on testing readiness. If you should have any questions or concerns, please contact our office directly at (707) 557-0509.
2022 Apprentice Application Announcement
2022 Prepare for Apprenticeship Testing Flyer
Apprenticeship Application Announcement
UA Local 343 Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee will be accepting applications for the Apprenticeship Program in the Pipe Trades Industry on the following dates:
- OCTOBER 17th through OCTOBER 20th, 2022 (Monday – Thursday)
- OCTOBER 24th through OCTOBER 27th, 2022 (Monday – Thursday)
U.A. Local 343 Union Hall: 220 Peabody Road, Vacaville CA 95687 between the hours of 8:00 am and 1:00 pm -- ONLY, on the dates listed above.
Applicants must apply in person and may not apply without the required documents listed below.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants must provide copies of the following documents when applying. Please note, the copies you provide will not be returned.
- A valid Driver License or Valid State issued identification card
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of High School Diploma or Legal equivalent is also required: High School Diploma, or G.E.D. or Official sealed Transcripts
- DD 214 Military Discharge (if applicable)
- Applicant must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
TESTING: Upon completion of application, providing all the above documentation is present and applicable, you will be scheduled and notified to take a two-part written exam: Math (Numerical Ability) and Mechanical Aptitude. Applicants who pass the written exam with a minimum total score of 70 percent will be scheduled for an oral interview.
INTERVIEW: Applicants passing the written exam will be scheduled for an interview with the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee.
LENGTH OF TRAINING: A minimum of five (5) years of Schooling & five (5) years of on-the-job Training
APPLICATION, TESTING, AND INTERVIEW DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT OR ACCEPTANCE INTO THIS PROGRAM.
“Approved for Veterans”